[arch-general] Fuse and out-of-date packages in general

Lukas Jirkovsky l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:22:48 EST 2012

> Actually I have more general question. There are many out-of-date
> packages that are not updated for a long time. Should other
> (non-package owners) take care of it?

I can't tell why fuse is not updated, but often there is a reason for
package being outdated for a longer period of time. For example, the
rawtherapee package form [community], which is now outdated probably
for a few months, was never updated because the current version has a
bug that makes it crash on almost any action (the new version with a
fix should be released soon though).

If you want to help, I guess you could update a PKGBUILD, test it and
send the PKGBUILD directly to the package maintainer. At least you
should get a reply why the package is not updated.

Lukas