[arch-general] urxvtd frequently crashes

DR drdarkraven at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 10:55:50 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Robbie Smith <zoqaeski at gmail.com> wrote:

> On my new install I've been using urxvtd to run terminals, and I'm finding
> that it frequently crashes. Either I'll switch to a window and it won't
> redraw or accept input, or I'll close a window and all of them will close.
> I was using the script in the urxvtc man page to spawn a daemon as
> required, and that either results in memory usage skyrocketing, or heaps of
> processes spawned waiting to connect to the daemon.

I've witness exactly same behavior before. The two problems you encounter
are likely to have the same root cause: memory corruption in urxvt.

I don't know what exactly went wrong, but when I stop using urxvt's perl
plugins, the problem seems to disappear (at least I've seen it for a long
enough time).

Maybe our problems are not the same, so don't expect this to work for you.