[arch-general] amd64 systems and archlinux

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 03:58:32 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Curtis Shimamoto <
sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com> wrote:

> The link I provided clearly shows you how to install to the mbr of a
> partition.

As Bjoern Franke pointed out previously in this thread, there is no such
thing as "the MBR of a partition". MBRs are only at the beginning of
devices, not partitions. The guide you linked explains how to install grub
to "the boot sector of a partition".

It may seem like nit-picking, but I think that precision in this kind of
issues is important, because a confused user could very well wipe out all
his data...

--
Rodrigo