[arch-general] XFCE broken with Gnome 3.8?

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Mon Apr 22 23:05:08 EDT 2013

On 04/22/2013 02:42 PM, Narve wrote:
> I'm running Xfce with LXDM and it works smoothly even with the new gnome version - tho the only packages from the gnome-group I have installed are those:
>
> narve ~ % pacman -Qg gnome                               [20:38:45 on 13-04-22]
> gnome gnome-icon-theme
> gnome gnome-icon-theme-symbolic
> gnome xdg-user-dirs-gtk
>
> Two of those are even dependencies for xfce4-settings, so they kinda "belong to the suite"..
> So it's either some breakage caused by other gnome packages or something completely different.
>
> Narve

It's something unique to my user settings, although I haven't been able
to pin down exactly what yet.  When I launch XFCE as a different user it
works fine.

That said, XFCE has been working fine with my configuration for months
(years?), so it's actually rather frustrating to have it break like this.

Thanks,

DR