[arch-general] LightDM hangs when checking the password

Joakim Hernberg jbh at alchemy.lu
Sat Aug 17 06:02:45 EDT 2013

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 00:19:33 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> I wonder if it's an issue with linux-rt 3.10.6-rt3 or randomly
> something else went wrong.

Just a FYI, the linux-rt kernel patch is very much a work in progress
and can be very broken at times.  I am not saying that this is the case
with your problem, just a general caveat...

Since Archlinux users seem to always want the latest, I try make the
AUR script the latest version while the kernel in the archaudio
production repo is a version that I'm reasonably sure is a well working
version.  At the moment it's on 3.8.11-rt8...  Unfortunately apart from
the kernel that I maintain there, the rest of archaudio is more or less
dead, due to (I think) the AUR and a general lack of interest.

To install the kernel from the archaudio repo, add the following to
your pacman.conf

[archaudio-production]
SigLevel = Never
Server = http://repos.archaudio.org/$repo/$arch