[arch-general] libpng 1.6.7 broken?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Dec 3 08:14:54 EST 2013

Am 03.12.2013 12:19, schrieb Simon Perry:
> | I think you have three possibilities:
> |
> | * The image is not generated dynamically but stored in a database. Simply
> |   update the image with the fixed one.
>
> Why? Because 1.6.7 can't handle older files?

IIRC, newer libpng versions refuse to handle some broken PNG files which
do not follow the PNG specification. The files are broken, not the PNG
interpreter - there has been a discussion about this a long time back.

Of course, it might still be a bug in the latest libpng and the PNG
files are alright.