[arch-general] HDMI Alsa sound problem from flashplayer 64 bit

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 09:47:24 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM, phanisvara das wrote:

> since he's using KDE anyway, why not use pulseaudio instead? it's
> the default for the big DEs, and in my experience it doesn't screw
> up one's system anymore, as it used to in the beginning.
>
> mostly, at least for me, it simply works. specially if you install
> pavucontrol, an interface for all  hard- and software audio
> channelsl on your machine.

Yes probably.
But as he is not using pulseaudio and I have no experience with it, I was
only speaking of what I know and what works for me.

I am not sure if adding an extra layer which happens to bring new useful
features is always the best solution to a problem.

Anyway Mike has now two solutions to try, either with or without PA. What
works for him and fits him at the end of the day is only what should matter.

Regards,

--
Cédric Girard