[arch-general] Request help with wired network config after initial install and reboot

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 04:31:14 EST 2013

I did a base install last night on a machine with only a wired connection -
using the arch iso from 2013-01-04 - the install seemed to go fine and I
had a network connection using dhcp during the install and once chrooted
into /mnt everything seemed fine.

At that stage I set up a wired "static ip" connection (following the
beginners guide) using ifplugd - but the service does not start from within
the chroot during the install - but when I rebooted at the completion of
the install I have no network connection and I cannot see any network
device (was eth0 during the install) - is it possible this may be due to
the systemd-197 package that was installed with the interface naming
changed?

It seems that the ifconfig command is not available once rebooted into the
install and I don't know how to proceed.

Can anyone give my any advice on how to get the network up on the newly
installed system?

I could not find anyone who had the same problem in the forums or searching
on the net.

Thanks in advance.

--
mike c