[arch-general] [wpa_actiond 1.4] slow disconnects

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Mar 5 04:23:24 EST 2013

Am 04.03.2013 21:26, schrieb Leonid Isaev:
> Hi,
>
> With testing/wpa_actiond-1.4 I am having a minor problem when shutting down
> net-auto-wireless.service: 'systemctl stop net-auto-wireless.service' pauses
> for ~10sec before finally disconnecting. Of course, this also occurs on normal
> system poweroff (which is usually ~5sec). The wifi network is WPA
> "enterprise" (important entries in wpa_supplicant.conf: key_mgmt=WPA-EAP;
> eap=PEAP; phase1="peaplabel=0"; phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"), and piece of
> daemon.log after the above delay has elapsed:

I've seen this too, but I didn't determine yet that is was wpa_actiond's
fault. There are several issues here:

1) I am unsure what exactly terminates wpa_actiond.
2) net-auto-wireless.service is Type=forking, but has no proper MainPID
detected, so systemd doesn't know what exactly to kill.

This change however seems to be related to Pali's changed, so I'm CC'ing
him to see if he knows what this might be about.