[arch-general] Package Maintenance Classroom (31/3/2013)

William Giokas 1007380 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 22:14:13 EDT 2013

All,

At the end of this month Daniel Wallace (gtmanfred) and I will be giving
a classroom on basic package maintenance. From the forum post[1]:

> And now we have planned our first actual class: A Beginners Guide to
> Package Maintaining.
>
> This will be taught by gtmanfred and myself Sunday, March 31st at 16:00UTC
> in the #archlinux-classroom channel. There is already an Arch Wiki[2] page
> about this class listing the requirements and lesson plans. This class will
> be broken into separate lessons, the first being a simple introduction with
> guided practice and explanations. We will be covering more advanced topics
> later on. Even if you are not new to package maintenance, we would like to
> see you there for support and just in case/when we get things wrong you can
> correct us. We will also be covering the new functions and uses of pacman
> 4.1, currently in the rc stage, particularly its use with version control
> sources and development packages in the later lessons.
>
> There will be a pdf file released when the class begins so that you can
> follow along. We will be releasing an info document too, for those of you
> that do not use X but still want to follow along.
>
> Thank you, and we hope to see you there!
>
> If you have any questions about the requirements or prerequisites, then
> please ask on the IRC channel. We will be glad to clear things up.

If you are interested, please reply or post on the forums so we know
about how many people we're going to have to help.

Thank you,
--
William Giokas | KaiSforza
GnuPG Key: 0x73CD09CF