[arch-general] [solved] rpmdb: PANIC

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Mar 18 08:13:12 EDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-16 at 16:08 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> For this update [1] I got the PANIC the first time. If I install and
> remove leafpad, as a test, everything is ok. If I re-install linux, I
> get the PANIC messages too.
>
> Is DKMS broken? I need it to build Vbox modules for linux-rt.

When running dkms I got the panic messages too. After removing the
package "rpm", running dkms was ok, then I did build rpm again and got
the panic messages back, after removing it again, dkms doesn't display
the messages anymore.

I'll add a comment to https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rpm/ ,
seemingly a dependency for rpm changed and does break it. Fortunately I
don't need rpm. It's just an optional dependency for
alien_package_converter.