[arch-general] Bonding networks with netcfg

Robbie Smith zoqaeski at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 02:49:45 EDT 2013

On 24/03/13 04:02, Tobias Groß wrote:

> Robbie Smith <zoqaeski at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is what I want to do even possible?
>
> I won't say it's impossible. The easiest thing I can recommend is building a layer 2 tunnel with openvpn over the ppp connection and enslave this.
> I don't know if bonding is even possible with non ethernet interfaces but I couldn't find facts for this in a quick google search.
>
> --
> toerb

I couldn’t find anything about enslaving ppp interfaces from Google, and
a VPN is way overkill for what I need. I just figured that seeing as I
have access to two network interfaces, I could increase my internet
speeds and reliability by bonding them. At the moment, my connection is
a little like [1]…

[1] http://theoatmeal.com/comics/no_internet