[arch-general] fsck.f2fs and systemd

Simon Perry arch at sanxion.net
Thu Oct 31 05:29:00 EDT 2013

Hey all,

I've been experimenting with f2fs, and see that the latest version of
f2fs-tools now includes an actual fsck tool (not an exit 0 bash
script).

See below for the output I get from systemd when it tries to run
fsck.f2fs on the root filesystem.

Anyway, my questions are:

- Is there any way to override how systemd does its fsck? I've tried
  poking around and overriding systemd-fsck-root.service and
  systemd-fsck at .service to no avail. Any advice on this?

- Should systemd always expect an fsck tool to accept that the "-a"
  arg works, therefore an issue for f2fs-tools upstream, or should
  systemd be aware of this (therefore an upstream issue for systemd).

Any hints / advice appreciated.

Cheers.

systemd-fsck[198]: fsck.f2fs: invalid option -- 'a'
systemd-fsck[198]: Error: Unknown option ?
systemd-fsck[198]: Usage: fsck.f2fs [options] device
systemd-fsck[198]: [options]:
systemd-fsck[198]: -d debug level [default:0]

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)