[arch-general] libgcrypt.so.20 missing

Mark E. Lee mark at markelee.com
Mon Jan 13 13:33:59 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 19:13 +0100, Armin K. wrote:
> On 01/13/2014 07:08 PM, Mark E. Lee wrote:
> > Salutations!
> >
> > After an upgrade of my entire system, I am now unable to install
> > packages or run any programs that depend on libgcrypt. I get the
> > following error : libgrypt.so.20 not found.
> >
> > Looking at my pacman logs it seems that This error appeared after an
> > update to pth (2.0.7-4 -> 2.0.7-5). I've downgraded the package but it
> > doesn't seem to solve the issue.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mark
> >

> libgcrypt.so.20 is part of libgcrypt-1.6.0 which is in [core]. I believe
> it has been moved there recently, so try to run pacman -Syu again.

Salutations,

The update to libgcrypt-1.6.0 has fixed the issue.

However, I suggest an announcement on the website regarding this
problem. I had three issues when trying to solve this problem:
1) the mirror I was using wasn't up to date (still had
libgcrypt-1.5.3-1)
2) I can't run 'pacman -Syu' after upgrading all the other packages that
relied on libgcrypt since my gpg keys were broken due to the missing
libgcrypt.so.20. Hence, libgcrypt-1.6.0 should be pulled first before
updating any other package that relies on it.
3) Failure to update libgcrypt before other packages resulted in a
kernel that seemed to be hung at booting.

Regards,
Mark
--
Mark E. Lee <mark at markelee.com>