[arch-general] How to disable systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:10:40 EDT 2014

On 08/05/14 05:01 PM, Nowaker wrote:
>>> This is not a rant against Arch or its devs and community, but against
>>> systemd; the sad facts speak for themselves.
>
>> This is a rant against the Arch devs and the Arch community. Several of
>> the developers and several people involved with the community are
>> systemd developers, and there is certainly consensus among the Arch
>> developers and trusted users to use systemd.
>
> This sounds really bad. Ranting against systemd should never be taken as
> ranting against Arch in general or some specific Arch developers. After
> all, Arch Linux is a Linux distribution, not a systemd distribution. ;)
> Systemd was chosen for some important reasons, I support this decision,
> but it shouldn't be considered a holy grail. The holy grail is pacman,
> and anyone who rants against pacman rants against Arch devs and
> community! ;-)

Some of the Arch developers are pacman developers, and others are
systemd developers. Both projects are part of the base install and are a
significant part of the distributions flavour. The msys2 project uses
pacman on Windows, so it's not really any more specific to Arch than
systemd.

Bashing an open-source project and spreading FUD about it is always an
attack on the open-source community, whether it's GNOME, systemd, KDE,
PHP, or something else. It's one thing to take a rational look at a
project and criticize it, and quite another to promote content accusing
the developers of having bad faith without *any* evidence.