[arch-general] How to disable systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer

Christos Nouskas nous at archlinux.us
Thu May 8 17:10:19 EDT 2014

> I guess you'll be upset that Tom (one of the Arch developers) wrote
> systemd-networkd.

You guess wrong.

> You'll probably also be upset that there's going to be
> a simple systemd-console from the kmscon developer (who is an Arch user)
> and a systemd-timesyncd for basic NTP clients not needing a full blown
> server with complicated RTC handling.

Again wrong. Unless they're enabled by default.

> Everyone else will continue on with their lives, because they realize
> that there's nothing wrong with maintaining more than one binary/library
> under one version control repository.

Don't escalate and don't make it personal. You're just guessing wrong;
I don't mind running systemd, unless it decides what's best for me
without asking me. Clearing /tmp is one of those annoying things.

I've also been annoyed by the fact that I have a PC that won't boot
with systemd>198-2, because systemd can't mount /usr/local (which is
empty).

On the other hand I do love the _netdev & x-systemd.automount
directives in /etc/fstab.

> This is a rant against the Arch devs and the Arch community.

Wrong yet again. It isn't. I didn't say "The Arch and systemd devs are
this and that", I just pointed out some facts about *systemd* that I
find annoying and this has nothing to do with the developers
themselves, for crying out loud! Are you suggesting people should just
shut up and never voice an unfavourable opinion? Or you'd rather
prefer a court of flatterers praising how perfect this world is?

> Several of
> the developers and several people involved with the community are
> systemd developers, and there is certainly consensus among the Arch
> developers and trusted users to use systemd.

Which makes systemd perfect how exactly?

Anyway, if I've offended anyone I offer them my apologies.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=nous
http://tiny.cc/linux-pf