[arch-general] Dual monitor extreme slow response

Lukas Jirkovsky l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 17:00:46 EDT 2014

On 21 September 2014 12:35, Matthias Klein <matthias.klein at linux.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to switch on my Lenovo L530 Notebook from Debian testing (KDE)
> to Arch Linux.
> Installation was no problem, but when I connect a second monitor to
> the VGA port the whole system gets very slow / unuseable.
> (The same hardware constalation works without problems under Debain testing.)

I know this is not very helpful, but I noticed exactly the same thing
with my Asus UL30A this weekend (and KDE, too). I know it used to work
before, but I haven't used the second monitor for a long time, so it
may be broken for quite some time.

I have found only a partial solution, and that is to disable effects
before connecting a monitor. After the second screen is connected,
even the cursor movement becomes unbelievably choppy, but after a
while everything goes to normal for me. When I left the effects on,
the system stayed unusable.

Lukas