[arch-general] multiarch support like debian, pro and cons?

Dennis Lange dennis at lumalab.net
Fri Sep 26 14:00:49 UTC 2014

It is only my experience as normal user. It was not that easy to compile
Wine 64 on a Debian multiarch system because of the package dependencies
between 32 and 64 bit. The only solution to compile the 32 bit part for
Wine on a Debian multiarch system was to create a 32 bit schroot jail.
For me as user it was more like using 2 systems to compile one an the
same package. Maybe they have fixed stuff in 7.6 but for me it was one
of the reasons to install Archlinux.