[arch-general] Lenovo carbon X1 and kernel 3.19 issues

Steven Grace sgrace at pobox.com
Sun Apr 5 15:36:20 UTC 2015

On 04/05/2015 01:33 AM, andrea crotti wrote:

> I have a Lenovo Carbon X1 third generation, just bought a few months ago.
>
> Everything worked perfectly but a week ago I upgraded to the new kernel
> version:
> "Linux carbon 3.19.2-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 18 16:21:02 CET
> 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux"
>
> After that two problems started:
>
> 1. Audio doesn't work anymore, even speaker-test fails, I already tried
>     everything and, the audio card still comes up, but nothing happens
>     even using speaker-test, which makes me thing it might be a hardware
>     issue, what do you think?

I don't have an audio issue with kernel 3.19.2-1 but I do have an ALSA
MIDI issue -- module snd_seq_midi is no longer loaded automatically on
my machine. I've been waiting for the next kernel update to see if the
problem gets fixed.

Also note that the ALSA packages were updated to 1.0.29-1 around March 9.