[arch-general] Add wpa_supplicant to the Group 'Base'

Sam Stuewe halosghost at archlinux.info
Sat Apr 25 18:18:50 UTC 2015

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 08:10:57PM +0200, Maarten de Vries wrote:
> I would say an editor is part of the bare minimum for any system. You
> can't do much on a system without an editor (of course you can still edit
> files using some basic tools that don't qualify as editors, but that's
> besides the point).
I don't actually agree. Editing configs post install is not required for
a bootable install (as made obvious by the fact that you can boot to
it). Besides, once a user has booted, they can just install whatever
editor they so choose anyway.

> Multiple bootloaders don't really make sense
You are absolutely right, I don't know why I said that actually…

> They are two separate things already. The installation media comes with
> wpa_supplicant for one.
Right. I'm not actually arguing for wpa_supplicant's inclusion in
`base`, just pointing out that things like, `netctl` (and imho, the
variety of text editors) might not make sense either if we assume `base`
is exclusively for a bootable install.

> Kinds regards,
And the same to you.

All the best,