[arch-general] Add wpa_supplicant to the Group 'Base'

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:39:12 UTC 2015

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/
> >> ]
> >>[...]
> > It's great to have vim-minimal on the install media (which is now the
> > case), but that doesn't mean it needs to be in base.
> >

> Indeed, AFAICT the only important thing to consider here is whether the
> booted system is "fixable" from within itself if you forgot to install
> something during the boot from install media. (E.g. by forgetting to
> install *some* editor or other. Everybody likes different editors, but
> "nano" will do until you can install something better.)

A very nice thing about having vi installed by default, is that you don't
have to think about which editors are available. It's a unix(y) system, so
vi just works. No need to remember if it's nano/pico/whatever on this
specific distro.
It's easy enough to add one's favorite editor when installing.

On Windows, for example, i assume notepad is available, Word etc are
optional (though I usually keep (g)vim on systems I use often).

Mvg, Guus