[arch-general] debug package repositories again

Joe Julian me at joejulian.name
Wed Aug 12 19:36:22 UTC 2015

It's been hashed and rehashed, but I need to bring this up again. Every
other popular distro has a way of debugging without completely
rebuilding a package, saving countless combined hours.

Why can't we just have a way of installing the symbols?

When I find a bug, I don't want to spend another hour building python,
for instance. I want to install the symbols, open up gdb, and figure out
where the problem is. I'll report it, probably fix it, and we'll all be
happy.

Allan has already added the features necessary to make this possible.

Why is this so hard? What can I do to help make this a reality?

https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2013-April/024812.html
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-April/038794.html