[arch-general] [OT?] Which is most future-proof desktop environment?

Bennett Piater bennett at piater.name
Tue Dec 29 11:28:28 UTC 2015

I'm another extremely satisfied i3wm user.

Dmenu is amazing, and everything about i3 is so clean.
The config file syntax, the design principles, the container system, the
looks...

I use ranger as a (text-mode) file manager and dolphin when I want a
graphical one. Gwenview as image viewer. I tend to like KDE apps though.
I use VimFX for Firefox.

It's incredibly fast, stable and very configurable while remaining much
more approacheable than awesome. You can even upgrade it without logging
out and back in or losing the layout, which is a *huge* bonus.
You can have x sessions running for months without having to log out.

I have decided. I don't think I'll ever leave i3.

--
GPG fingerprint: 871F 1047 7DB3 DDED 5FC4 47B2 26C7 E577 EF96 7808