[arch-general] Fwd: Kernel panic - after upgrade

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:19:08 UTC 2015

> Most likely it's a user issue,

I confess I did many times system upgrade without taking into account
the advice given here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/General_recommendations

<quoted>
it is imperative to keep up to date with changes in Arch Linux that
require manual intervention before upgrading your system. Subscribe to
the arch-announce mailing list or check the front page Arch news every
time before you update. etc..
</quote>

> Backup your current install and make a clean new install. Replace the
> default kernel with
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/linux-lts/
> or with linux-rt-lts from the Arch Audio repository or from AUR, since
> it's 3.10..., don't worry about the Rt-patch, when instlling it just
> for testing purpose.

I did so. I have now a fresh install of Arch linux with kernel 3.14.31-1-lts .

--
Regards from Pal