[arch-general] Fwd: Kernel panic - after upgrade

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 17:13:21 UTC 2015

>> > So I just installed clamav but when I'm trying to start it with:
>> >>
>> > 'sudo systemctl start clamd.service'

>> > It tells you to look in the logs. Did you do that?!
>> > Without wanting to be condescending: I don't think you should be using
>> > archlinux if you are not capable of looking through logs and searching
>> > google (I found the package for your "error" through a fast google
>> > search....)

Indeed. I find the solution at:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Clamav

> Okay, so in regards to ClamAV, I encountered no errors [1] starting
> clamd with the service file in the clamav package [2].

> [2] http://pastebin.com/3Frbkf3B

> You should check your service file at
> "/usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd.service"
> and make sure it matches the one I uploaded to pastebin.

I have the same /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd.service file as you.

> If you can link a paste of your log at "/var/log/clamav/clamd.log", that would help.

http://pastebin.com/RC9ZzYMs

This log was I get before solve the clamav problem.

> Your journalctl log can be captured using:
>
>         journalctl -xe | tail -n 500 | tee journal.log
>                         ^^^                  ^^^
>                 Takes last 500 lines.     Saves and prints output.
>
> Make sure to check these 500 lines that get printed to your terminal for
> anything sensitive, like passwords.  NetworkManager doesn't show
> passwords in
> the log, but it does show network SSIDs and connection protocols, and
> other bits
> of information. There's probably more in there than you would guess
> (there is in
> mine).

I did check these 500 lines and don't find anything sensitive, like
passwords. Only find the lines bellow and don't know whether are these
lines all right:

jan 30 21:19:09 csparch org.a11y.atspi.Registry[4719]:
g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error:
Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read
(g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.
jan 30 21:19:09 csparch org.a11y.Bus[4553]:
g_dbus_connection_real_closed: Remote peer vanished with error:
Underlying GIOStream returned 0 bytes on an async read
(g-io-error-quark, 0). Exiting.
jan 30 21:19:16 csparch systemd[4450]: Stopping Default.