[arch-general] Fwd: Kernel panic - after upgrade

Christian Demsar vixsomnis at fastmail.com
Sat Jan 31 20:20:39 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Csányi Pál wrote:
> Indeed. I find the solution at:
> https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Clamav
>
> > Okay, so in regards to ClamAV, I encountered no errors [1] starting
> > clamd with the service file in the clamav package [2].
>
> > [2] http://pastebin.com/3Frbkf3B
>
> > You should check your service file at
> > "/usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd.service"
> > and make sure it matches the one I uploaded to pastebin.
>
> I have the same /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd.service file as you.
>
> > If you can link a paste of your log at "/var/log/clamav/clamd.log", that would help.
>
> http://pastebin.com/RC9ZzYMs
>
> This log was I get before solve the clamav problem.

Glad you solved that problem. Did it have to do with the
"/var/lib/clamav/clamd.sock"? Permissions problem with creating the
socket?

> I did check these 500 lines and don't find anything sensitive, like
> passwords. Only find the lines bellow and don't know whether are these
> lines all right:

Oh, I was actually hoping you'd upload the file to pastebin so I could
check it (why I recommended checking for sensitive info).

I don't think having it would help me understand your issues, though. It
might be a systemd bug?

> I observe that that I can't use my DVD writer; it can't read neither
> any CD nor DVD.
> I must to disassemble this DVD writer and assemble my old IDE CD
> writer to can reach the broken system when had kernel panic.

At this point, I'd backup configuration files and home directories and
do a full reinstall. Sounds like there's something going terribly wrong.
Hopefully that works...

--
vixsomnis