[arch-general] Fwd: Kernel panic - after upgrade

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 22:12:15 UTC 2015

[...]
> At this point, I'd backup configuration files and home directories and
> do a full reinstall. Sounds like there's something going terribly wrong.
> Hopefully that works...

Hmm, I'd first check if dmesg shows SATA error (bus reset, seek
failed, etc) and if that is not the case, I'd do a memory test
(memtest86 is very nice for this).
Seeing that the OP is getting kernel panics, my first guess is memory
problems (I fail to see how a bad HDD would cause panics), but I might
be wrong...

mvg,
    Guus