[arch-general] [Really solved] "error: unknown encoding UTF8: using iso88591 as fallback"
ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sun May 31 20:11:51 UTC 2015
On Sun, 31 May 2015 21:20:22 +0200, Rodrigo Rivas wrote:
>I've notice from my pacman.log this line:
>[2015-05-30 19:39] [ALPM] upgraded hunspell-en (7.1-3 -> 2015.05.18-1)
>Notice the curious change in version number style. I've downgraded to
>hunspell-en-7.1-3  and it looks fine now.
>@Ralf: you can try downgrading instead of manually editing the file
>and see if it fixes the issues.
>Anyway, I've noticed that besides the wrong encoding, there are some
>broken symbolic links in that package, so I submitted a bug report to
>the Arch package .
I also noticed the broken links, but had no time to care about it.
$ grep hunspell /var/log/pacman.log | grep 2015
[2015-05-28 19:24] [ALPM] upgraded hunspell-en (7.1-3 -> 2015.05.18-1)
[2015-05-31 21:59] [PACMAN] Running 'pacman -U hunspell-en-7.1-3-any.pkg.tar.xz'
[2015-05-31 21:59] [ALPM] downgraded hunspell-en (2015.05.18-1 -> 7.1-3)
$ grep IgnorePkg /etc/pacman.conf | grep -v "#"
IgnorePkg = [snip] hunspell-en
Now there are no error messages anymore and I'm allowed to write "Thank you"
using upper case.
More information about the arch-general