[arch-general] Alternative init system proposal

Henrik Danielsson h.danielsson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 15:46:36 UTC 2016

> It's ok now not because of the wiki and the AUR, but thanks to the
> existence of systemd-free.org. It had to be created because of the
> above, which would'nt have happened with a better community.

So far I've not seen anyone in this thread, or in the replies by Poettering
referenced by systemd-free.org as "Arrogance and crappy attitude", actually
pressure anyone into doing (or not doing) anything.
Choices have been made based on what those making the choices think is
sane, and you are free to undo that choice at any time.
What/who in "the community" motivates even having this endless discussion
when the (in MHO excellent) choice to package systemd by default has
already been made and it works perfectly well?

If something was removed from the Wiki for "no good reason", just add it
back, or put systemd-free.org up as a reference and be done with it.