[arch-general] Alternative init system proposal

João Miguel jmcf125 at openmailbox.org
Fri Feb 12 17:41:59 UTC 2016

> > It's ok now not because of the wiki and the AUR, but thanks to the
> > existence of systemd-free.org. It had to be created because of the
> > above, which would'nt have happened with a better community.
>
> So far I've not seen anyone in this thread, or in the replies by Poettering
> referenced by systemd-free.org as "Arrogance and crappy attitude", actually
> pressure anyone into doing (or not doing) anything.
> Choices have been made based on what those making the choices think is
> sane, and you are free to undo that choice at any time.
> What/who in "the community" motivates even having this endless discussion
> when the (in MHO excellent) choice to package systemd by default has
> already been made and it works perfectly well?
I never said systemd shouldn't be packaged by default!

> If something was removed from the Wiki for "no good reason", just add it
> back, or put systemd-free.org up as a reference and be done with it.
Someone already talked about putting it back in the forums. They were
turned down because of those points («no reason for 2 methods», etc.).
This among other things (which are evident in any discussion in Arch
about OpenRC) signals a bad community. There were many great users that
stopped using Arch because of this, it is a problem that needs to be
recognized. I don't anything near this kind of attitude, say, in Gentoo
mailing lists.

João Miguel