[arch-general] Firefox without signature checking

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Jan 7 19:39:48 UTC 2016

>>> 2:https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing
>>> 3:https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=117157
>>> 4:http://pkgbuild.com/~heftig/repo/
> Cool!  It's nice to know someone has my back when it comes to the Developer
> Addition.
>
> But what about regression testing?  (Testing against older "supported"
> versions, or in this case the "stable" version of Firefox)  So far, the
> only way it looks like is to either download the unofficial build from
> Mozilla or build Firefox yourself.

Yes, good bunch those archers...

For testing against the stable version, the stable or ESR branch of firefox.
(currently at 38.5.2) is at [1]. It is a drop in that works fine in /opt.

1. https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/38.5.2esr/

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.