[arch-general] Yahoo mail problems (was [aur-general] No notification for out-of-date package)

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sun Jan 24 13:24:30 UTC 2016

On 16.01.2016 05:38, Natu wrote:
> You don't say what yahoo's reject message is, ...

I guess it's possible that some users simply marked mailing list mails
as spam and we got blacklisted because of that. The reject message is this:

421 4.7.1 [TS03] All messages from 5.9.250.164 will be permanently
deferred; Retrying will NOT succeed. See
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3436.html

> but I suspect you may be
> having issues with DMARC/DKIM and mailman's forwarding of DKIM
> signed messages.

I've finally gotten around to setting up and testing DMARC for my domain
and I've set up mailman to munge From for DMARC messages.

Sadly, I still haven't heard back from yahoo, but I guess their
postmaster@ address really just goes to /dev/null. Too bad.

I don't know when yahoo will start accepting mail again though and from
a quick look at the log it seems that they always reject the mail
directly at MAIL FROM time or don't even accept the connection/let it
time out. That also means they will probably not notice that we've
changed the configuration for DMARC mails.

Thanks for your input I guess, but this will probably not be resolved
any time soon.