[arch-general] Single Drive Fresh Install (mbr/grub2) Fails to boot (can boot existing from .iso??)

Rijul Gulati rijulgulati96 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:24:50 UTC 2016

I cannot say exactly what's causing this issue.

I'd suggest after enabling UEFI from BIOS, try re-installing grub2 and
regenerating grub2.cfg maybe?

If this did not work, try re-creating partitions (that is set ESP on
/dev/sda1 and set boot-flag ON on 1) . Also there is no need for BIOS boot
partition since ESP is already provided. Then install grub and boot?

Also, I see "customised boot" option for UEFI.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HP_EliteBook_840_G1
Tried this? (If it's applicable for your system)