[arch-general] snapcraft.io IMO gets across the message that snaps are appropriate for Arch Linux

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Nov 24 20:53:26 UTC 2016

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 11:10:49 -0500, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
>> For your very information, Ubuntu for servers and desktop computers
>> is based upon apt, not snaps.
>
>And that is apparently changing, according to Ubuntu devs.

If you don't know Ubuntu, why do you want to talk about it on an Arch
mailing list? Are you trolling?

Apt is under development at the moment. It will replace apt-get, resp.
it already replaced it as the recommended Ubuntu package management
tool, for new releases, but not all still supported releases yet. Apt
isn't an old tool, it's new. You don't know what you are talking about.

>You are currently misusing this list.

I just pointed out, that some people got a wrong impression about Arch
Linux as part of a consortium, that should be in favour of snappy.

I wasn't aware that Arch developers are already aware about it and if
they don't care about it, I won't care about it anymore, too.

Everything is fine.

Regards,
Ralf