[arch-general] Link against system libs

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Apr 7 13:39:13 UTC 2017

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 09:24:16 -0400, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:
>The point is that ABS is unmaintained, might *not* work, is *known* to
>have not-worked quite recently, and will eventually be removed
>altogether

Until now it works when just running "abs" and isn't removed. It might
not work well if you run "abs [options] [repository1[/package1]
[repository2[/package2] ...]]", however my point simply is [1].

I thought everything was already pointed out. It's off-topic and just
bikeshedding to repeat the same opinions. I explained my intension,
Martti posted the link
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2017-March/028752.html
so everything is already said, no need to continue. The readers already
know the pros and cons and could decide on their own.

Some of us continued off-list ;), this at least doesn't hijack the
thread.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]