[arch-general] Kde + Gnome dual-install issues

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Jun 24 21:14:35 UTC 2017

PS:

Oops, I forgot to mention, that you might want to take a look at
reverse dependencies of the gnome-things that are running.

Use

  pactree -r package

I don't have GNOME installed, but I'm e.g. using Evolution:

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ ps aux | grep /usr/lib/gnome | head -1
rocketm+   840  0.0  0.3 751568 30648 ?        Sl   Jun23
0:00 /usr/lib/gnome-online-accounts/goa-daemon [rocketmouse at archlinux
~]$ pactree -r gnome-online-accounts | head -2 gnome-online-accounts
├─evolution-data-server

Some apps have got a hard dependency to software that actually should
be an optional dependency, for example gvfs, that's why I build an
empty dummy package, to fake that it is installed:

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi gvfs
Name            : gvfs
Version         : 2013.08.18-1
Description     : Dummy package
[snip]
Required By     : caja  libgnome  nautilus  nemo
Optional For    : evince  ffmpegthumbnailer  inkscape  thunar
[snip]

--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')