[arch-general] Kde + Gnome dual-install issues

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Jun 25 04:38:47 UTC 2017

Supplement:

I forgot to mention the OnlyShowIn and NotShowIn options. Take a look
at the files in .config/autostart/.

"OnlyShowIn and NotShowIn Keys

The OnlyShownIn entry may contain a list of strings identifying the
desktop environments that MUST autostart this application, all other
desktop environments MUST NOT autostart this application.

The NotShownIn entry may contain a list of strings identifying the
desktop environments that MUST NOT autostart this application, all
other desktop environments MUST autostart this application.

Only one of these keys, either OnlyShowIn or NotShowIn, may appear in a
single .desktop file."- https://developer.gnome.org/autostart-spec/

Correction:

On Sat, 24 Jun 2017 21:36:08 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>at least some of that crap already gets started at boot time, so if
>you disable it or replace some odd hard dependencies by empty dummy
>packages, you don't get those features

I guess I was mistaken. "systemd offers users the ability to manage
services under the user's control with a per-user systemd instance,
enabling users to start, stop, enable, and disable their own units." -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/User

--
Vote for apulse!
echo $(w3m https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apulse |grep 'Votes:    ')