[arch-general] Can we please have a co-maintainer ...

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sat Oct 14 00:51:35 UTC 2017

On 14 October 2017 at 01:58, Marcelo "Marc" Ranolfi via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> Great to see this brought up here.
>
> I've been using Ardour 5.12 for quite a while now, along with recent
> versions of some of the other packages listed. To be honest I've been
> a little bit self-centered, checking out and updating packages to my
> benefit using ABS.
>
> So I take this opportunity to volunteer as co-mantainer for ardour,
> swh-plugins, hydrogen, zita-resampler, qtractor, qjackctl, qsynth,
> jack2, and jack2-dbus.
>
> I know one pre-requisite is to "maintain a few packages in AUR" and I
> have none. But I can set up some (or at least one package) if this is
> a hard rule.

Thanks for your support and interest. As I already have more than one
proposal we can consider it taken care of, for packages in community.
I will see how we can set up a dedicated mailing list since that's
what folks seem to prefer here.

But I need another volunteer to administer and maintain an ML and
anything else that you guys would like (forums, website, build
machine, etc). I believe then the constant user feedback loop will
help all of us keep packages and other stuff up-to-date and tested.

I will continue to maintain packages for extra and a few in community
with a co-maintainer to help me (because I use them personally when I
am booted into my Linux system). That co-maintainer can then also
request another developer to apply changes in extra for any package
that I am late in updating.

Please let me know if this sounds like a plan.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1