[arch-general] Best way to customize PS1

Matthias Bodenbinder matthias at bodenbinder.de
Tue Jun 19 08:11:21 UTC 2018

Am 19.06.2018 um 08:13 schrieb Eli Schwartz via arch-general:
> On 06/19/2018 02:05 AM, Matthias Bodenbinder wrote:
>> with the last update of bash I realized that it overwrites
>> /etc/bash.bashrc without .pacsave or .pacnew. Since I had
>> customizations in /etc/bash.bashrc I am wondering now where to put
>> those customizations instead.
>
> You're incorrect, use /etc/bash.bashrc
>
>> And, by the way,  why is the bash package not making use
>> of.pacsave/.pacnew. A simple "backup etc/bash.bashrc" in .PKGINFO
>> would help a lot.
>
> It is.

Thank you very much for this info.

In fact, I have to admit that I am a Manjaro user and I was under the impression that the bash package comes from the arch repo. Please except my apologise for this.

I will have to find out now why the Manjaro package maintainer removed the "backup etc/bash.bashrc" line.

Thanks
Matthias