[arch-general] systemd --user enable: Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

Bjoern Franke bjo at nord-west.org
Wed Jun 27 06:26:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to create a systemd timer for a user to run duply daily. For
one user the enabled worked fine, but another one:

systemctl --user enable backup.timer
Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

I have no clue why this happens, systemctl daemon-reload (also with
--user) did not fix it. I found a similar issue in the forums, but the
solution was to "ln -s" the timer and than rebooting. But I don't think
this would be the "correct" solution because "systemctl --user enable"
should also work.

Any hints?

TIA
Bjoern