[arch-general] Where does /usr/bin/uwsgi come from?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Wed Jan 23 19:12:33 UTC 2019

On 1/23/19 1:54 PM, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
> In the meantime, I've checked all python folders - no uwsgi found.
> Checked /var/cache/pacman/pkg - the package has obviously been
> downloaded on Jan, 7th, but it's not found when I'm looking for it with
> pacman. Probably sth. went wrong, then. I remember I had a problem with
> the power supply some days ago, probably this was at the same time as I
> tried to install the uwsgi package; package database may miss the
> required entry.

`pacman -Qkk uwsgi`

This should either report an "error: package 'uwsgi' was not found" if
it is not installed, or report the number of file in the package and how
many of them are altered or missing from your system.

By the way, uwsgi is written in pure C and allows plugins for a number
of programming languages. It's quite inferior, although possible, to
install it via pip. Although it is unlikely you installed it without
realizing it -- there is no reason django should *depend* on uwsgi.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User