[arch-general] SQLite Session Extension

Adam Levy theadamlevy+archlinux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 04:05:18 UTC 2019

I'm using SQLite extensively for a programming project and today I
noticed that sqlite is not built with the Session Extension enabled.

https://www.sqlite.org/sessionintro.html
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/sqlite#n30

Interestingly enough, I can use the C interface for sessions without
issue. But when I use the sqlite3 CLI the .session command is not
available. I went ahead and rebuilt the package with the options
mentioned in the first link to enable the sessions extension, and the
.session command was then available.

I was wondering if this was an extension that is ever likely to be
enabled in the build? Also perhaps someone more knowledgeable could
explain why the C interface to Sessions work, but it is not available
in the CLI interface?

Forgive me if this is not the proper channel. I could have messaged
the maintainer Andreas Radke directly but wasn't sure of the
appropriate convention for such a question.

Thank you
Adam Levy