[arch-general] `base` group replaced by mandatory `base` package - manual intervention required

Nero Claudius Drusus germanicus1982 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 01:49:39 UTC 2019

Let's face the facts. Man is superfluous for most people learning how to
install Arch, especially since it forces you to have an internet connection
in order to install.

The wiki installation page so far hasn't included any extras other than the
kernel (at least that I've noticed thus far, please correct me if I'm
wrong). If it creates a broken system then that's a legitimate point of
contention, otherwise it's just adding a couple more packages to your
install script which falls exactly inline with Arch's minimal philosophy.