[arch-general] `base` group replaced by mandatory `base` package - manual intervention required

Filipe Laíns lains at archlinux.org
Fri Oct 11 09:20:53 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-10-10 at 19:49 -0600, Nero Claudius Drusus via arch-general wrote:
> Let's face the facts. Man is superfluous for most people learning how to
> install Arch, especially since it forces you to have an internet connection
> in order to install.

What do you mean? You have the installation guide in the bootable
image. If you don't know/remember how to use a specific tool, eg.
parted, you can just man it. You don't actually need the archwiki, and
I would consider man superfluous.

You might now even need an internet connection, I run a local mirror at
home. I am not saying this is common, just that it is possible and
maybe some people might want to do it.