[arch-general] [ Pacman -Syu ] Creating temporary files..., error: command failed to execute correctly

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 8 17:14:15 UTC 2019

On 9/8/19 8:21 AM, Xianwen Chen (陈贤文) via arch-general wrote:
> Dear Ralph and Eli,
>
> Thank you.
>
> As Ralph suspected, there are quite many files on my system that had
> wrong permissions or GID's.
>
> Is there a way to automatically correct all the permissions and GID's?

Once more from the pacutils package, comes the "pacrepairfile" command.
Given a list of files and the (separate, additive) arguments --uid --gid
--mode --mtime you can reset the file to what its mtree data specified.
If the file size/contents differ, you will have to do a bit of manual
work yourself, or reinstall the package.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User