[arch-general] latest kernel update surprise

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Mar 23 17:42:57 UTC 2020

Problem solved, kernel was not responsible for speaker-test and espeakup
failures.
As near as I can figure it, my /etc/asound.conf file got corrupted somehow
and that was enough to temporarily break the system.
After having used the rescue disk and having selected my preferred speaker
set and having copied the generated asound.conf file into the arch-chroot
mounted system
speaker-test and the screen reader now works.  This time it's fenrir being
used since it's time I did the learning curve on that screen reader
anyway.