[arch-general] Unstable/Unusably slow Wi-Fi connection with systemd-networkd/wpa_supplicant

Markus Schaaf markuschaaf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 12:24:42 UTC 2021

Am 24.03.21 um 08:42 schrieb Anton Hvornum via arch-general:

> Systemd is arguably very stable too,
Just to clarify, we are talking about systemd-networkd here: No, it's
the total opposite of stable. I had to experience two breaking changes
lately, before I decided to migrate away from it.

First: The matching logic of its config files changed. From the start
on, config files without a Match section matched everything. Now they
match nothing, leaving some of my servers without connectivity after
upgrade.

Second: You cannot use its DHCP feature without systemd-resolved
anymore. The latter has the nasty bug of compiled-in fallback DNS
servers, that you cannot disable via config files; leaking private data
to Google or Cloudflare or allowing masquerade attacks, in case of local
DNS problems. Even Fedora is patching that stuff out now AFAIK.

BR