[arch-general] Unstable/Unusably slow Wi-Fi connection with systemd-networkd/wpa_supplicant

Markus Schaaf markuschaaf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 15:47:01 UTC 2021

Am 24.03.21 um 15:11 schrieb Mike Cloaked via arch-general:

> I use DHCP but systemd-resolved is not
> enabled or running ...  I have unbound set up

This is a possible configuration, if you are willing to run your own
resolver, which defeats split horizon DNS setups, IDS, or spam filters
like pihole, or even certain CDNs. For mobile clients I'm using
connman/iwd now, that replaces networkd, resolved, timesyncd. For wired
machines I'm using static configuration via networkd or even pure
.service units, which is generated from a central database that feeds
DNS too. (hosts files are generated too, avoiding two "single" points of
failure for local network services)

Networkmanager is also fine, but I had the impression that roaming and
reconnects after suspend are faster with connman.