[arch-general] NEW RECORD! 769 packages out of date

Billy Morgan 2021bmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 03:03:06 UTC 2021

Thank you Emil for the response.

Something had to be done. There is 0. I Repeat ZERO communication from the
devs and maintainers.

I don't mean to be rude. I love Arch. I do this out of care. If
embarrassment is what it takes to actually get some movement, some
communication then so be it.

This has been a problem that has been building for a long time and seems to
just be getting worse not better. LET US (community) HELP YOU! Talk to us.

Since Reddit is cucked, please see the thread I created on 4chan for actual
discussion:
https://boards.4channel.org/g/thread/84124691
<https://boards.4channel.org/g/thread/84124691#p84125961>

There have been allegations brought up of the Gnome maintainer saying they
were too busy playing Fortnight or some other game to care. If true, that
is not acceptable. Maintainers should not be able to hold packages hostage
for the sake of fame.

Even if not true, the issue still stands of packages being held hostage.

With the upcoming Steam Deck, I'm hoping a huge influx of users come to
GNU+Linux. We need to be at our best or everyone will crawl back to the
duopoly that is Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS. This is our current shot
to actually make a dent in the computing worlds usage %. Games are what
push technological advancement forward. The more users we have = the more
game dev support we have which might make Nvidia actually take GNU+Linux
seriously.