[arch-general] NEW RECORD! 769 packages out of date

Vasi Vilvoiu vasi.vilvoiu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 10:47:32 UTC 2021

On 11/3/21 11:37, Morten Linderud via arch-general wrote:

> Then I guess they posted this on 4chan because they love stirring up shit like
> this. This isn't about helping anyone. This is nothing but FUD and being
> self-righteous. Expecting overworked maintainers to do more while not lifting
> a finger and pointing at problems in an unconstructive manner.
That's unfair to your userbase. There's no way for people to contribute
to core packages, period. Community packages require being a TU, which
as far as I know is not an easy process to go through. The AUR does not
accept "under any circumstances"[1] packages already in community/core.

We understand that maintainers may be overworked, we sympathize, and the
message here should have been more focused on "how can we make this
situation better".

But you do need to tell us what kind of help you need. Or, if you feel
that there is no help needed, make this clear and let us know that the
status quo is acceptable from your point of view.

Best regards,
Vasi Vilvoiu

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_submission_guidelines#Rules_of_submission